Hello to all of you who have the "reading problem":

I have been unable to read for any length of time since first diagnosed
10 years ago.  I have trouble going from one line to the next (I tend to
repeat the same line over and over again rather than my eyes dropping
down. a line).  I have tried to use a piece of paper under the line or a
ruler, but it is annoying but helpful.

I also cannot read at all lying down.  This is how I used to read - an
hour or so before going to sleep and again in the morning -- and
sometimes in the middle of the night.  Now I can only read sitting up
straight.

Although I have double vision in distance vision, the reading problem is
a sort of blurring --hard to describe.  I also lose interest in the
subject matter which once "grabbed me:" -- and still grabs me when I
begin -- because of the difficulty in reading.

My opthamalogists and optometrists have been no help at all.  Their only
suggestion is the paper under the line.

I do remember there was an academic paper  from a
opthamalogist/neurologist who specialized in this (a woman I believe)
which was circulated on this forum about 5 years ago, but it has been
lost in the depths of my computer.  I would like to get her name, if
possible.

Thanks for raising this issue again.

Nancy deGrazia