In our litigious society, no drug company worth its salt is going to allow
for the distribution of a drug that is potentially dangerous.  While GDNF
might be extemely helpful to Parkinsons patients, if the drug has harmful
side effects I'm wondering why we should be requesting that the manufacturer
distribute GDNF anyway.

With the past news about Vioxx, Celebrex and now Naprosyn causing  a flurry
of commercials featuring lawyers willing to sue on the behalf of patients,
we should proceed with caution when encouraging the promotion of a
potentially harmful drug.

Parkinson's Disease is one of the most prevelant neurological diseases in
the United States.  Any drug company producing a safe drug for its treatment
will surely be looking at a wind-fall.  Since Amgen has decided to pull this
drug we can be assured that there is something very wrong with it.  Perhaps
further research will bring about more positive results.
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 65/25)