I've been resisting the idea of closing the CASLL archives to everybody but
subscribers, because I think they're a resource for the community of people
in Canada (and the US) who are concerned with language and learning.  But
it's recently become unavoidable, because anywhere on the Web that there's
an unprotected email address, spammers can find and harvest it, and that's
become a worse problem recently.

So I've just converted the archives to "private."  That means, for anyone
who uses them, that you'll need to have, or acquire, a password on the
listserv site to look at them.  This isn't difficult, I think, but if you
have trouble checking the archives please let me know.

At some point down the road, our host will upgrade the listserv software to
the current version, which has a way of "masking" email addresses while
making the text available, and when that happens I'll make the archives
public again.  It probably won't happen soon, though, because they just
upgraded to the version we're using (1.8e) and it's pretty expensive.

-- Russ