Hi,

I have been asked to look into ways of evaluating the one-on-one
appointments we offer for students at Laurier's Writing Centre. This request
has come from the university president who appears to want student
evaluations of writing centre appointments in place before committing to a
planned increase in funding for the Writing Centre. Improved funding is good
news, of course, but before I proceed, I would very much welcome input and
advice from people on the listserv.

If you have a moment, I would love to have your response to some of the
questions below, or comments of any kind that you think useful:

If you do evaluations at your writing centre, please tell me about
experience?

If you don't do evaluations, what is your reason?

Which questions to you ask and which ones do you avoid asking?

How do you gather the evaluations?

How do you analyze the results?

To whom do you report the results and how are they used?

What are the pitfalls?

If you have any questionnaires you are willing to share, I would be very
grateful.

Thanks in advance for doing this.

Emmy

Emmy Misser, MA