HI, Amanda,and welcome.

It was a shaky left leg rather than the tremor in my left hand that made
neuro vote for PD dx instead of essential tremor. Turned out he was right. In fact
when I first saw him I wondered if I would shake, but I did. it's kind of
hard to tell in the beginning.

As Joan  B.Smyder so eloquently put it,PD  sneaks up on you and steals your
life, one little piece at a time.

Yesterday at Pizza Hut while struggling with my walker, my wallet and my
voice, an onlooker said, "it could be worse, you could be  completely paralzyed".
I forgot to tell him I will be if I don't die of something else. first.  48
is adolesence, I agree, too young. I was 60, now 69.  Everybody I meet and talk
to mentions "that actor", MJFox, and that "they" are coming out with new
stuff all the time."

Ray