Ray, here's a tip: if you can keep a board, or maybe a
surfboard-shaped piece of light but durable plastic on hand near the
excavation, you could put one end of it on the edge and angle it down
into the hole, and your dog might be able to climb up.  If the hole is
too deep for that, you might have a friend put a ladder or a ramp long
enough to reach the bottom, until they finish your pool.  Must be
nice...

You hear stories all the time, about incredibly resilient people,
going through all kinds of hell for forever and a half, and you say,
"How could they possibly have survived?"  Well, I don't know if I
would have, or if I will survive the ordeal in front of me.  I've
learned from joining this listserv, that it's not going to be pretty.
But I've learned a bunch of other good stuff in the past, that I will
always lean on when the slope gets steeper.  My studies in martial
arts taught me that I'm tougher than I think I am, and that I can
bring a threatening situation to a positive outcome.  My experiences
in school and in life have taught me that I can learn, and adapt, and
succeed.  I have learned to adapt, and I'm going to continue to
resist, focus, and try to stay strong.  And music has taught me to
express myself, and to seek beauty and sincerity, and to appreciate
the efforts of the gifted.  The manner in which I acheive these things
might change, but I'll do the best I can with what I got.  And I may
never be as famous as Michael Jackson, but should I care?

I sincerely empathise with your plight, as it is mine too.  And I wish
you help, and I wish you inner peace while you fight on.  What else
are you gonna do, eh?  Give up?  I don't think so!

Enjoy!
Rick McGirr
Email: [log in to unmask]