Rick and Ray,

The plank trick worked for us when a baby skunk got into out window well and couldn't get out. We angled a board into the well, walked away, and found a little while later that our guest was gone. Spike might enjoy a little ramp exercise!

It is very touching to read your recent exchange. We all struggle to find balance of one kind and another, to be realistic about what we are facing and at the same time sufficiently energized and positive to keep ourselves going. We do it in our own ways, and we keep doing it, because to do otherwise would be to give up, which, I think we all agree, is not an option.

Happy New Year to all, and keep going!

Kathleen
about 10 years into it