I've joined the list on behalf of my mother. I hope to get her online and an
active participant soon. She has had Parkinsons for about 15 years,
diagnosed when she was 47. At this stage, she still manages with optimism
but things are getting difficult. In particular, I am interested in any
information or ideas people have regarding coping with nights, or more
generally with the need for constant assistance in taking medication due to
the unpredictability of ons and offs. Currently, my mother still lives at
home and has a caregiver at night, who gives her Sinemet every hour. She
also has 6-8 hours of help during the day. This is working well, the only
problem being the financial burden of so much care. In order to ease the
financial burden, I am looking for alternative ways of handling the nights
-- ideally this would entail eliminating the cost of a nighttime caregiver.
Does anyone have experience with taking Sinemet in liquid by infusion, ie
intravenously, or with the Sinemet patch? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Best,
Siobhan Roberts