Ray, I'm sorry to read about your plight.  It's bad enough being sick, but
then to have to navigate through the 'physician' system  must be a real pain
when you have to coordinate transportation and visits.

Optometrists aren't much help when your eyes are sick.   I hope that you can
get an appointment with an optomologist - preferrably one that is familiar
with neurological disease.   They are out there - you just have to find one.

Let me know how things progress.
God bless
Mary Ann