Hi Lorraine
   My mom had complications related to DBS as well. The neuro at Kaiser in LA,  failed to place the implant correctly and there were additional complications. It appears, that there have been no optimal results from DBS so far and unfortunately, my mom has now lost her voice.

Don't mean to paint a dismal picture...just consider the risk involved...
I know some folks have had great results.....

Take Care

Tess

lorraine jeffe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Winnie Carolgray wrote about her DBS experience.Since I'm considering DBS
surgery, I would like to discuss this with you,if possible, off line. My
e-mail address is [log in to unmask]

Thanks