I've been lurking for awhile - thought about unsubscribing, then thought
again! Anyway, I'm 47, diagnosed about 6 months ago. I'm a wife, mother of 2 (13 &
4), & a nurse. The discussion about children & PD has been interesting. As
you develop your ideas, Peggy, please consider the following regarding these
young people:

While he cares about me very much, my oldest is embarrassed by my tremor.
Sometimes, like when we're sitting together at church or at the dinner table, he
simply puts his hand on mine to stop it/hide it. His feelings are more
pronounced, of course, when his friends are around.

Once I was diagnosed, I told him about it & some basic things about PD. His
biggest concern was would I die. Once that fear was taken care of, he was fine.

Good luck on your writings!
Karen

In a message dated 1/18/2005 9:02:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,