-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Jeffrey Baumgartner
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 4:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Books about Parkinsons for Children

First off, let me say I have lurked on this list for some
time now and it is a fantastic resource. Thanks to all of you
for making it so!

My father has Parkinsons and the symptoms are becoming very
serious. I have explained to my seven year old in broad terms
that his grandfather has Parkinsons and a little about the
symptoms, etc. But I would like to find one or more books
geared for children that would help my son understand his
grandfather's condition.

My son is an advanced reader for his age, so even books aimed
at older children could certainly be understood. He can also
read Dutch as well as English - so books in either language
would do.

Many thanks.

Jeffrey Baumgartner