Ray, it is so sad that physicians don't always understand the stress that
the chronically ill endure on a regular basis.  It has been my experience
that most physicians get bored with treating chronic illness and just plain
don't want to listen to the complaints of the patient.  Instead of trying to
do problem solving, physicians (especially males) view their treatment as
defeat and just shut down.

I don't allow our doctors to fall into that trap.  My husband's potassium
recently came back high - normal high, but high nonetheless.  When his
office nurse told me not to worry about it, I informed her that I wanted him
retested in one month and that we would go from there - that a potassium of
5 might be acceptable to them, but not to me.

Of course, I have the energy to fight.  Jamie does not.  There's the rub.

I used to advocate for special ed kids.  My experience with that process has
convinced me that we need medical advocates - a third party who interprets
what the patient is saying to the doctor (believe me - it's necessary) and
insists on proper treatment for the patient.

I hope that you find a good opthamologist.  I think you really need an
answer to this vexing problem of your's.
---------
God bless
Mary Ann