-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kees Paap
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 12:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Parkinsons for Children - Humor

Hi Jeannie,

If there is a book to tell  little children about Parkinson's Disease I
would like to buy a copy of it. I have Parkinson's since 1989, and I am 55
now. We have a little daughter, Suzanna, of 3. I am a stay home dad and
sometimes she is just a handfull but she is a little angel. I sometimes need
a few moments rest to let my meds kick in. Suzanna asks me then if I am okay
and with her hand she caresses my face and gives me hugs and kisses. She
knows that there is something wrong and when I tell her that I am okay she
climbs on me or starts a pillow fight. She is very sweet and does understand
that there is something wrong with me. She gives me injections and bandaids
to make me better. I try not to walk with her in my arms when I am off,
because I am afraid to fall. My wife works from early in the morning till
(often) late in the evening. In the mornings we have a friend who helps us
to get Suzanna up and give her a bath and keep the laundry going. I think I
messed up the laundry too often, because my wife and our friend decided that
the laundry was not my job. I  try to keep the house clean and do the yard.
I can tell you stories about the things that Suzanna does, but I think every
child has its moments.

I try to let her do the things that are done by every normal child, but I
know I am sometimes to much concerned about my electrodes of my DBS-STN. On
the other hand I am to careless about them when I play a game of romp with
her. We play ball with me sitting and she running around. We play
hide-n-seek and I read her books. All together we have a great time together
and it is worth every effort to see her grow up.

My excuses for the long story, but I wanted to share this with you in order
to get some tips how to tell it my daughter and how to cope with it.

Kees Paap