I've been reading with interest your comments about the need for children's books to help them deal with a family member with Parkinson's.  I have a copy of the one APDA published, "My Mommy Has Parkinson's . . . and It's OK;" but it is more like a booklet.  It's wonderfully illustrated with a child's drawings, which makes it appealing to younger children. I would estimate it to be a book appropriate for ages 2-10.   However, as has been the case in most instances I've seen, younger kids have a unique way of just accepting things as they are.  Whenever I have to ride in a wheelchair, I am just at the eye level of the little people.  Who do you think my best fans are??

What I think is needed are books dealing with the child who is beginning to think independently - who notices that mom, dad, or a grandparent is "different" - something to appeal to the older child.  I can also see a need for books on the psychological effects on adolescents and teens of living with a family member with a chronic degenerative illness like PD.

I have been dabbling in a little bit of everything advocacy-wise, trying to find my niche and wanting a way to contribute to the PD community.  I think you have given me the idea!  I'm going to start thinking in the direction of publishing a book that would be of benefit to the younger person(s).  I hope you will help me along the way!

In fact, if you will start sending me your ideas here, I'll try to incorporate them.  THANKS for the motivation!
Peggy