In a message dated 1/22/2005 11:01:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I'm so  sensitive to diary products
Since I am not sensitive to diary, I only know by reading about it  --  I
read that the diarrhea is caused by the lack of good bacteria in the digestive
track and that the yogurt with "live or active cultures."  This is to  replace
the good bacteria.  There are also over the counter pills  containing live
ones, but talk to the pharmacist.  I heard that if the  bottle does not say to
store it in the refrigerator, it would not help  you.  I always start yogurt
when I start the antibiotics.  My doctor  said to eat two 8 oz of it daily
starting with day one.  If I wait until I  see a problem, I have a hard time getting
the yogurt to totally control  it.  It helps, but I still have diarrhea.

Jeannie Leroux CG
Gordon diagnosed in 1996
He is now 67 years  old.