P.S. i first noticed symptoms in 1996, was diagnosed in 2000, and started mirapex in 2001, i think.

mackenzie

MyFirstname Mylastname <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Could anyone enlighten me on the following, please:-

1. Has anyone diagnosed with PD, NEVER taken any prescribed medication . . .
and if so, how rapid was their deterioration. Also, were the symptoms as bad,
or worse, than the increasingly severe side-effects produced by the
medication (whatever this may have been, as used by others?);

2. Re. Pallidotomy: Many PWPs who have undergone this operation, and gained
relief on the side affected, find soon after that PD symptoms begin to
manifest on the opposite side of their bodies (Michael J. Fox is a well-known
example.) My question is, if the operation is NOT carried out on PWPs who are
affected down one side alone, do the symptoms also spread to their "good" side?

Thanks for your time and any clarification of one or both questions.

Best Wishes,

Geoff Wade