Stem cells' promise pits jobs vs. values
USA Today - USA
... since 1998 spur hopes biotech is closer to cures for cancer, Parkinson's disease ... South Korea last year became the first to clone a human embryo for stem cells. ...
See all stories on this topic

Young blood revives aging muscles, Stanford researchers find
EurekAlert - Washington,DC,USA
... sit is as important in terms of stem cell aging ... is responsible for reviving the different types of cells. ... Karel and Avice Beekhuis Professor of Cancer Biology. ...

Senate supports stem cell research but not without strife
Reston Times - Reston,VA,USA
... causes and cures of such diseases as paralysis, diabetes, cancer, heart disease ... The measure will support medical research that uses stem cells extracted from ...

Romney statements accelerate debate on new Senate stem cell bill
Stoneham Sun - Concord,MA,USA
... Scientists argue that the ability to study stem cells can help further their understanding of the human body and diseases such as cancer and birth defects that ...

The Princely Smile Says Galarraga, The Big Cat, Is Back
New York Times - USA
... I don't want people looking at me, thinking, 'He's got cancer again ... There he endured three weeks of collection of his bone-marrow stem cells, from his blood, and ...
See all stories on this topic