-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of MyFirstname
Mylastname
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 1:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Same old questions?!

Could anyone enlighten me on the following, please:-

1. Has anyone diagnosed with PD, NEVER taken any prescribed medication . .
.
and if so, how rapid was their deterioration. Also, were the symptoms as
bad,
 or worse, than the increasingly severe side-effects produced by the
medication  (whatever this may have been, as used by others?);

2. Re. Pallidotomy: Many PWPs who have undergone this operation, and gained
relief on the side affected, find soon after that PD symptoms begin to
manifest  on the opposite side of their bodies (Michael J. Fox is a
well-known
example.)  My question is, if the operation is NOT carried out on PWPs who
are
affected  down one side alone, do the symptoms also spread to their "good"
side?

Thanks for your time and any clarification of one or both questions.

Best Wishes,

Geoff Wade