personally, my choice would be to stay off medication as long as possible - i went on mirapex 5 years after i first noticed symptoms, and the only reason i did that was because i need to type for work, and i my ability to type was nearly gone. Otherwise, i might still be unmedicated.

as far as the possibility that some of the meds are neuroprotective, *possibility* is the operative term here, for me. as far as i know, there is no *proof* that any of them are neuroprotective - the best anyone can say is "maybe." On the other hand, a study has shown that, with onset between 40 and 59 year's of age, there is a 50% chance of developing dyskinesias after five years on levodopa.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15580606

No matter how I look at it, staying off medication for as long as possible is the right solution for me.

you may be differentl

Eli Posen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
My Name is Eli , pardon me for my English at this is not my first language ,
I was Diagnosed with pd 3 months ago went to MRI for brain then MRI for
neck then pet scan my symptoms are very mild have stiffness in left side
miner tremors in left side some days my left foot is hurting badly some
days almost at minimum pain I have in the right hand occasionally slight
muscle pain my question is should I start medication or should start doing
more stretching and exercise what I have read so far is that all medication
have side effects is the medication also preventing the brain it shouldn’t
get worse