David Morerland wrote:

> does     anyone  on this list   have this  problem  and if you do ,, what
> medications are you   now taking? I have found that the
> only            thing that stops.me is ro    crash into
> something  like   a  wall . this can and does cause injury to myself
> and  the  repair cost. when i am using  my walker and that has   a
> tenancy
> to greatly slow me down..

David:
 I can offer the following observations of what Carline does: She has a
lot of trouble
walking. When she was still able to walk unassisted she would often lean
forward
to initiate walking. If you lean forward too much you have to take a
compensating step
to regain your balance. This step is often too small or not fast enough
so another compensating step is taken.
This repeats .... boom on the floor, or crash into the walls or
furniture :'( . Even now when
she walks with me, facing me (and I go backwards) she leans forward very
strongly.
Unassisted this would require compensating steps.

So, try to keep your body straight and balanced. Walk very consciously,
every step.
We have a  few mantra's: Stay straight and  balanced is one of them.
Chew and swallow. Want more?

K. F.  Etzold cg Carline