'Cause Even If You Miss, You'll Land Among The Stars." Les Brown

This is the name of the gala that I am hosting on Friday the 4th of
March in conjunction with IPMR (Institute of Physical Medicine and
Rehabilitation. This event will be a fund-raiser for the Parkinson's
Program at IPMR. They want to purchase a GAITRite Walkway System to aid
in the diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson's Disease and other movement
disorders. Shake, Rattle & Roll has already donated $6,500 to this cause
and it is our hope that this will raise the rest of the money needed for
this valuable piece of equipment.

At 3 o'clock on the afternoon of Friday, March 4th, Dr. Craig Cady is
taking all interested persons on a tour of his cord blood stem cell
research lab at Bradley University. This is a fasinating and truly
inspirational place to learn about the many possibilities that we are
facing with his research.

Then, at 7pm, the gala is set to begin at Arrowhead Country Club right
outside of Chillicothe, IL. This country club is a beautiful setting for
our event with large windows overlooking a golf course. Guests will be
greeted by a registration table with a large vase full of golden star
wands with their table number and seating arrangements printed on them.
Each table will be decorated in cobalt blue and gold centerpieces made
by Debbie Deitrich, and each table will be twinkling with blue tealights
in crystal tulip cups. Every inch of available wallspace will be covered
with silver cresent moons w/ blue glitter and blue stars w/ gold
glitter. The master of ceremonies is my friend and TV anchorwoman, Gina
Morss. She will invite the guests to come in and get a glass of wine,
which has all been selected especially to go with the food by Gordon
Jockisch of R.J. Distributing and to take a look at the wonderful raffle
items and the sensational silent auction items that we are offering. At
7:30, Chef Rob Wyss from Lindsay's on Liberty is presenting a menu of
appitizers: Duck sausage w/ anguala pesto & aged cheddar cheese, tuna
tartare w/ ponzo coils & crispy wonton, crab-stuffed minipotatoes w/
caviar, smoked salmone on pumpernickle bread w/ chive cream sauce &
seared antelope medallion w/ port cherries & micro-greens, followed by
desserts which include:
orange & chocolate truffles rolled in hazelnuts, fresh lemon tartlettes
w/ raspberries and an assortment of Lindsay's cookies. At 8 pm, the
music starts and what a great line-up we have!! The Sally Weisenburg
Trio (the area's hottest jump, jazz, blues musicians) will perform along
with special guests Ken
Carlyle and Kent "Doc" LeCouris (both local music legends). The sound
will be provided by Bill Keister from Illinois Concert Sound and Craig
Kendall from CK photography will take pictures.
So it looks to be a fabulous evening and dress is semi-formal.
Tickets are $50 per person. For more information either email or call:
Joan E, Snyder at 309-579-3026 or [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Raffle Items:
Cardinal's Baseball autographed by Lou Brock
Cardinal's Baseball autographed by Whitey Herzog
Newsweek Magazine autographed by Senator Barack Obama
Blue topaz necklace and earring set
Handmade pottery plate & easel
Asian Art ginger jar
Golf Package
1# of Jamacian Blue Coffee

Auction Items:
Original artwork by reknowned artist Preston Jackson ($1,500)
MVC basketball signed by Hersey Hawkins, Oscar Robertson, Ed Macauley &
Dave Stallworth
MVC poster signed by the above athletes
Numbered Filmcel from a Harry Potter movie
Maui Jim Sunglasses n' stuff
Pamper Me Basket (massage, makeover, lunch & acrylic nails)
Health & Fitness Gift Certificate
Shoot for the Moon handmade quilt
Antique, handpainted table
Sterling silver 16 in. necklace and pendant
"I LOVE LUCY" doll in the original box
Framed and original artwork
1 gallon of homemade Irish cream
2 sets of men's golfwear
Autographed celebrity golf poster

I would love to see you in Chillicothe!!