From: "rayilynlee" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:49 PM
Subject: Mittt Rpmney/Do stem cells go to heaven

> Tonight Mormon and former Utah resident and now governor of Mass
Mitt Romney was on CNN speaking against embryonic stem cell research.
His wife has MS.

> I don't  think the LDS church has taken an official stand on this as
Sen. Orrin Hatch is a Mormon and he supports it.

> My Mormon cousin's son died a horrible death at 35 from cystic
fibrosis (he was in final stages 7 yrs)  Carole and I don't speak any
more because of this issue.  I listened for over 20 yrs with an open
mind and loving heart to her zany religious ideas, but she can't
return the favor.   She believes ESCR or NT is preventing people from
being born who are just clamoring to do so.  I asked her if she had
ever used birth control pills, which has the same purpose, and the
conversation was over.  I don't understand these people.

> If stem cells are people, will all the embryos that failed to
implant during reproduction the old fashioned way or with the
assistance of IVF all go to hell since they have not accepted Jesus
Christ as their savior?  Being frozen a la IVF and not having a brain
would seem to preclude this possibility of being saved and going to
heaven.

> I'm not trying to offend anyone.  Just wish you followers of JC
would explain it to me.  At least the Mormons are trying to deal with
the issue of those people who lived and died before JC was born by
tracing geneologies back to Adam and Eve.

> I do appreciate the criticism I have received on this List because I
think it has helped me improve my writing.

--
> To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]