Hi everyone --

As you can see from the ad below, we are hiring a one-year position in
Composition and, if possible, Creative Writing, Canadian Literature, or
Critical Theory.  Please distribute widely.  This is essentially a
sabbatical replacement for me, so if you have any questions, please email
or call me.

Thanks.

Dr. Dale Jacobs
Director of Composition and Graduate Chair
English Language, Literature, and Creative Writing
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, ON
N9B 3P4
Phone: (519)253-3000 ext. 2309
Fax: (519)971-3676
----- Forwarded by Dale Jacobs/University of Windsor on 03/28/05 03:33 AM
-----

Karl Jirgens/University of Windsor
03/24/05 03:38 PM

Dale Jacobs/University of Windsor@University of Windsor
cc
Karl Jirgens/University of Windsor@University of Windsor
Subject
Job Advert

Hi Dale,
Here's the Job Description. More details will be posted on the UWindsor
website but are not yet up:

http://www.uwindsor.ca/facultypositions

The University of Windsor invites applications for a LTA (Limited Term
Appointment), in the areas of Composition, Creative Writing and/or
Canadian Literature commencing July 1, 2005. This is a 12 month position
at the rank of assistant professor. We require expertise in composition,
pedagogy and rhetoric. Experience in administering writing programmes is
an asset. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. or A.B.D. by the date
of appointment. Duties will involve teaching at graduate and undergraduate
levels, and participation in programme initiatives; in particular the
candidate will be expected to supervise the first-year Composition program
and the Graduate Assistants assigned to the program. Preference will be
given to candidates with secondary expertise in Creative Writing and/or
Canadian Literature. Expertise in Critical Theory an asset. The candidate
will be expected to deliver graduate and undergraduate courses in
Composition, and at least one of the two secondary areas. To ensure full
consideration, complete applications and letters of reference should be
submitted by May 24, 2005 to:

Dr. Karl E. Jirgens, Head
Dept. of English Language, Literature & Creative Writing
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, Ontario
Canada N9B 3P4
PHO: (519) 253-3000 ext. 2289