Dear Yaying:

I'd strongly recommend the book by Kitty Locker of Ohio State, called (I
think) Business Communication. It's based on a sound theoretical sense
and also on excellent knowledge of management practices. Its layout
demonstrates both, with samples and cases and textboxes offering a
variety of perspectives.

Margaret Procter
University of Toronto
www.utoronto.ca/writing