-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Historical Dance Program at Amherst Early Music Festival
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:06:24 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]

Please join us for the …

HISTORICAL DANCE PROGRAM

AT THE

AMHERST EARLY MUSIC FESTIVAL

July 9-24, 2005

Bennington College, Bennington, Vermont

THIS YEAR’S THEME: “Music of the British Isles”

FACULTY
Dorothy Olsson, Director; Kaspar D. Mainz

DANCE CLASSES

Dance is an integral part of the Amherst Early Music Festival (a
two-week early music festival with a vast array of musical offerings;
see http://www.amherstearlymusic.org/). For the 2005 workshop, classes
will be offered in Renaissance and Baroque dance, and contredanses. All
levels of dancers are welcome. This year's program consists of two weeks
of classes, with two public performances. Participants are also entitled
to attend many other events (including English country dancing, concert
and lectures) in the evenings that are part of the Amherst Early Music
Festival.

PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES

This year our first week production will be Henry Purcell’s opera, “Dido
and Aeneas,” first performed in London in 1686. Our performance will
take place on July 15, during the first week of the AEM Festival. Stage
Director: Drew Minter; Dance Directors: Dorothy Olsson, Kaspar D. Mainz;
Music Director: Andrew Lawrence-King; Scriptwriter: Lawrence Rosenwald;
Costumer: Ronnie Snader

A production of “Oberon, the Faery Prince,” will be presented on July
22, during the second week of the AEM Festival. This masque by Ben
Jonson was first performed in 1611 at the court of James I. Director:
Grant Herreid; Dance Directors: Dorothy Olsson, Kaspar D. Mainz;
Scriptwriter: Lawrence Rosenwald; Costumer: Ronnie Snader

Both performances will be fully staged, with costumes and accompaniment
of live music.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORM

For more information about the Historical Dance Program, please visit
our web page,
http://www.newyorkhistoricaldance.com/aem2005dancewebpage.htm

or, contact Dr. Dorothy Olsson: [log in to unmask]
Für Informationen auf Deutsch, bitte kontaktieren Sie Kaspar D. Mainz:

For more information about the Amherst Early Music Festival, please
visit our website,
http://www.amherstearlymusic.org/
Or send an email to: [log in to unmask]

Amherst Early Music
Marilyn Boenau, Director
47 Prentiss St
Watertown, MA 02472, U.S.A.
Phone: 617-744-1324
Fax: 617-744-1327

--
Abigail Ann Young (Dr), Associate Editor/ Records of Early English Drama/
Victoria College/ 150 Charles Street W/ Toronto Ontario Canada