----- Original Message -----
From: rayilynlee
To: Arizona Republic
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 10:06 AM
Subject: Spare Parts are microscopic cells

Dear Editor:

The "spare parts" Charles Krauthammer (March 10, 2005) is referring to are undifferentiated cells in a blastocyst that can only be seen with a microscope. Nuclear Transfer or therapeutic cloning, which involves an unfertilized egg and one's own DNA, is supported by most scientists as a way to learn the causes of terrible,  incurable diseases  that steal the lives of millions of living, suffering people.

The IVF embryos that "for one reason or another are not used" are "extra" because most fail to implant in couples who use this method of reproduction. In other words for every live birth, scores of embryos bite the dust.

Bush has stacked his Bioethics Council with ignorant and cruel flat earth thinkers like himself in his efforts to divide the  country and block federal support of this necessary and moral research.

Also, I do not oppose reproductive cloning. I don't think it is necessary, but it will happen. We already have clones, they are called identical twins.

Rayilyn Brown
18507 N. Windfall  Dr.
Surprise, AZ 85374
623-584-5869