Hi Paul

My husband (57, diagnosed 4 years ago) has been on Mirapex about ten months,
1 1/2 mg per day, half a pill three times per day.  We found it much less
expensive to get the prescription in 1 mg. tablets and split them.  Once he was up
to the 1 1/2 mg dosage, his tremors completely disappeared within a week.  He
does experience drowsiness -- I make him keep an espresso in his vehicle
while driving to sip on if he feels drowsy.  He has also experienced hot and cold
flashes and the odor of nicotine in his nostrils.  Only once have I noticed
his breath smelling of nicotine, however (he is not a smoker).

Take care,

Sherie