Ray - The Shaivo case is one of the most pitiful I've ever read about.
A few months ago, pictures were shown on TV of her smiling and looking
around, and moving her fingers for "yes or no" answers.  I have mixed
emotions about this myself.  My sister had a cardiac arrest  when she was
18, and was in a coma for 10 months.  One day she said, "Momma", and we
knew she would get better.  Today she is a successful real estate agen,
has had three children since then, and is in physically better shape than
I am.  She became a widow two Saturdays ago today, and of course, is very
depressed, but fortunately, that too, shall pass.  However, on the other
hand, I believe in assisted suicide when the person wanting it is in
terminal condition, with no other outlet than death.   Jo Ann