From: ariela [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 2:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: (my progress report) / AMANTADINE... ? / calibration
(Bob)

thanks, bob.

can you please tell if the amantadine indeed controls nancy's
dyskinesia?   and how long has she been taking it?

from the numbers you quote, wow, she's really reduced her levodopa
intake by quite a bit!   how long has she had PD, and how long has she
been on this new regimen now?

regards,
ariela

====

> Hi,
>
> Haven't had much to say in a long time. But do have recent
experience
> with Stalevo and long term experience with amantadine. Stalevo seems
> to work very well for my wife Nancy (3d week now). She was able to
> reduce the sinemet intake from five 50/250's and one 25/100 to four
> Stalevo 150's and one Parcopa 100 and occasionally a Parcopa rescue.
> She has eliminated four 200 MG Comtans. She takes three or Four
> Amantadine 100 MG per day to manage any dyskinesia side effects.
>
> Summary:went from 1350 MG sinemet to 600 MG Stalevo and 100MG
Parcopa.