Here is a Google search string you can use to find the status of Willie
Terpstra who is currently in China after having received a embryonic stem
cell transplant in hopes of warding off or at least slowing the progress of
something they call "motor neuron [Parkinson's?]disease". Willie, a woman
from New Zealand, has totally lost her ability to verbally communicate and
is hopeful that the transplant will restore her voice. The search string I
used is "willie terpstra stem cell". It returned a wealth of articles when
used in conjunction with Internet Explorer v6. I found the reference on Tom
Berdine's excellent YOPA site on the "Latest News" link. One of the
articles mentioned a web site that is managed by Willie or her husband,
Reine, but I haven't succeeded in finding it as yet.

Peace to you all and the Terpstra family...   David