> What  I  don't understand is why you think you have the right to intrude
> into other  people's choices .  We need assisted suicide laws in all  the
> states not just  Oregon.

I've already explained  that there have been problems in States with
assisted suicide laws - which is why I am against the concept.  It is my
understanding that in Oregon it is easy to get financial support for
assisted suicide but not easy to get funding for Hospice.

so guessing  that you believe you are going to  heaven, a great pain
> free place.  So where  is the rush  to  leave?

Now.....where did this come from???  I haven't mentioned anything about
heaven.

Life *is* a great gift.  Every time I work I care for people who are
desperately struggling to live just one more day.  Some go through
extraordinary efforts to do so.  Once death occurs there are no second
chances.

Do  you support  the
> current war and capital punishment?   Just curious.

Once again, where did this come from?  We're talking about assisted suicide.

Would you  like me
> deciding that you  could NOT  have extraordinary  measures  THAT COME FROM
> SCIENCE NOT GOD to keep  you alive?

I don't want you to  make any decisions about my life or death - which is
why I do not care for laws permitting  assisted suicide where someone could
do exactly that.

As for extraordinary means keeping me alive - that is my choice, as it is
your's.  A living will gives all of us control over what should  be
utilitzed to keep us alive.

> YOOU  NEED  TO  LEEARN  TAHT  COMFORT IS  NOT ASSUREDD.

Please.  I've been a nurse for 37 years and my husband has had PD for 25.
I'm perfectly aware that comfort is not assured.
Mary Ann