Rick:
You said:
"I think it is wise to have assumptions, rather than set-in-stone
> beliefs.  I try, humbly, to live each day based on the preponderance
> of evidence, ...."

We agree on this point, for most things. Some of my beliefs are set in
stone. Like most people, I believe in the love of my family, honesty,
and trying to make the world a better place. The problem is that
everyone doesn't agree how to make the world a better place. I believe
most people have good intentions. If I don't agree with their beliefs,
it does not make them wrong - they simply have a different opinion.

Wendy