More input.

>If we allow testing on 3 day old
> embryos, then discover that it would be more helpful to do 4 day,
then
> 5..  where does it stop?

No one's babies are being killed here.  Possible scenario:  A hundred
dishes full of human cells (not little babes in swaddling clothes) are
donated to the cause by a private citizens, and the lines of cells
cloned from them are used to cure countless diseases, and help
millions regain their own right to life, the right that everyone is
saying is The Most Basic Right.  The dishes go on to be given names
and made national heroes with their own Monday holiday by the
president, who has been cured of PD, CF, MS, and has grown a new leg
to replace the one she lost in Gulf War III, some 30 years ago.

A few dishes of cells vs. the suffering of millions...

>why don't we experiment on prisoners? We could probably find a cure
even
> faster

I do think that going to prison should be more of a deterrent to crime
than it is.  I wonder what would happen to the gene pool if we used
Charles Manson, Chuck Colson, and Martha Stewart for research.  If he
gets there, Michael Jackson gets an exemption.

>don't want to create a market for "farming" embryos
The market is not for embryos.  Get that straight, everyone.  The need
is for cells, not babies!

> God's will should not be deterred
Too open to interpretation.  I very much think that the version of
God's will touted by the current powers that be should be deterred.
If there is a god, she bears little resemblance to this crowd of
hypocrites.

>when does life begin?
We are being told by the Religerants that our lives are over.  To
resist stem cell research is to discard millions of living people
along with the unused genetic material.  All you have to do is
contract the right disease, and you are put on a level well below your
dog, who has more rights and protection under law than do medical
waste-products.

How can you stand for that?

It is 9:30 AM and I am fully coherent.

Rick