Hello.

I just want to briefly introduce myself:
I do not have parkinson's disease, but I am close to many people that
deal with it on a daily basis.  I am not a healthcare professional
(nurse, MD, etc.), but I do get the chance to talk with patients,
caregivers, families, etc. dealing with these disorders (I work for a
neurologist that treats Parkinsonian disorders, and Parkinson's is of
course the one we see most often).  Since working here, I've come to
realize that I have a passion for helping "get the word out" for these
support groups and trying to make sure the people affected realize that
they are not alone with their struggles and that it's not only okay but
crucial that they get in touch with at least one support group... other
people are dealing with the same very personal issues, and are willing
to talk about what works (and doesn't) for their situation... patients,
caregivers, family, and friends alike...

I just want to thank you for letting me be a part of this group. If I
can be of help in any way, just let me know.

-Theresa