This is my first time posting to this group although I have been a lurker
for a little while.  I have had PD for approx 7 yrs now (I'm 60 ys old).

I was prompted to write because of the message saying it is hypocrisy to let
the poor woman die of thirst and hunger.  I agree that it does sound
horrible and cruel and something that would be agonizing to see or endure.

I felt the same way until I witnessed my father's death in 1993 and my
father-in-law's death in 1997.  They had both requested that they be be
given no medical care and specifically said they did not want feeding tubes.

I was with both of these loved ones, literally day and night (8 days with my
father and 4 with my father-in-law).  I was terrified that I would witness
their terrible suffering and not be allowed to help.

I can tell you with absolute certainty neither one showed the slightest sign
of discomfort or gave any indication they were hungry or thirsty.  It was,
rather a gradual fading of their life until they quietly passed from this
life to whatever life lies ahead.

I hope this will in some small way allay the fear and horror some may feel
when they think of "starving a person to death".  I wish the medical
community would make this info more widely known.

God bless all of you.

Claudia