Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you who work in Writing
Centres would mind answering the two questions below.
I just want a bit of input so I can tailor our Inkshed
presentation a bit more (although some answers would be
appreciated even if you're not attending Inkshed).

Thank you,
Julie-Ann

1. Does your writing centre have a different policy for
sessions with ESL students?  By policies we mean
areas/elements of writing that tutors focus on, ways of
dealing with students, or any other “official” (or
semi-official) policies. If your answer is yes, what
are these differences?

2. While most writing centres have policies of not
editing students’ work, do tutors in your centre tend
to do more borderline grammatical work when working
with ESL students (whether by consciously or
unconsciously going against policy)?  We are not trying
to find out about stated aims here; rather, we would
like to know, in reality, how ESL tutoring sessions
progress.