Hi Hongxing Qi,

Funny you should ask -- I am in the process of completing my dissertation
("Ideologies of Language: Authority, Consensus and Commonsense in Canadian
Talk about Usage") on this topic, or at least a topic that has arisen out of
my reading of Crowley and others working in nearby fields.

While there is some research regarding the politics that surround
bilingualism in Canada and considerable linguistic research regarding the
development of Canadian English, there is actually very little work
published on the politics of Standard English (or standardization) in
Canada. However, try the following sources: _In Search of the Standard in
Canadian English_ (a set of papers published in the late 80s by/for the
Strathy Language Unit, Queens University); Ian Pringle's "Attitudes to
Canadian English" in _The English Language Today_, Ed. Sidney Greenbaum
(1985). More recent work includes Jaan Lilles' "The Myth of Canadian
English."  There has also been some recent work done in the field of
perceptual dialectology, which might be of interest: Jennifer Daily-O'Cain
and Meghan McKinnie's "A Perceptual Dialectology of Anglophone Canada from
the Perspective of Young Albertans and Ontarians" in _The Handbook of
Perceptual Dialectology_, Volume II, Ed. Dennis Preston.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Jackie Rea