My husband also suffers from  burning/numbing sensations in his feet  and
(now) often-- up to the knees. He has had Parkinson for about 10  years now--if
that information helps or is any clue.

 He also has had two knee replacements and a steno sis (back)
operation--which relieved all of the pain associated with that and  he had his toe tendons
cut (in one foot) so that his toes do not  curl any longer and that is a great
relief to him-------however,  the  numbness up to his knees is a fairly new
symptom and if anyone  finds something to give him relief for this I hope they
post it on the   Parkinson Web Site on Ask the Doctor! As I have no idea where
this  message/question will end up.

 I think this must be a fairly common problem with many Parkinson  Patients?

thanks,