Do I see the need for war?  Think about this:

What if all the heroism, sacrifice, determination, passion, desparate
action, massive investment, belief, cooperation and togetherness that
went into blowing things up and killing people all over the world were
instead put into things like educating people to improve their own
lives, healing the sick, feeding the starving children, teaching
people that there are opportuinities beyond what their lot in life
seems to have prescribed for them?

The reasons that the population of rich countries grows more slowly
than impoverished countries include higher education level, and
material wealth.  These factors lead to exploration of other options
than subsistence, and give time to ponder, plan, and execute a better
future.

You mean I'm supposed to set aside any hope of peace, and set out to
cull some unfortunates, so that there's more room for the next load of
unfortunates, and so on forever?  That's just very evil, or not very
well thought through.  With all we spend on kicking butt, we could
take care of everybody!  Tell me, who is on the list for the next
population adjustment?  Maybe we could postpone it becuase there's
plenty of room in Iraq these days.

Was disease created as a form of population control?  Was the smallpox
and measles that decimated some native tribes justified as a means of
making more room for the rest of us?

Causing death and misery is a very poor method of population control,
almost as bad as the rhythm method.

I'm thinking about it, and I see a terrible dark future with a central
eugenics authority, genetic testing for citizenship, mandatory
sterilization, mass discrimination against impoverished people,
endless bloody brutal conflict...

Hitler saw a need for that, but I do not.

Rick