. Both the interns were contradicting each
> other.

YIKES.  Amazing how doctors refuse to hear what their patients have to say.
For the first doctor to claim that Sinemet doesn't cause dyskinesia was
outrageous!!  Where do these folks study anyway?

All PD meds (as member of this list well know) have terrible side effects.
We pick and choose which ones we can live with - sometimes the cure is worse
than the disease.  That said, I must comment that natural herbs and
treatments also have side effects.  I'm not convinced that they are any
better, in the long run, than the drugs that keep my husband somewhat
functional.  As much as I hate the dyskinesias that he suffers every time he
takes Sinemet, he can at least move more easily and can walk when the drug
is in his system.

Everyone has to choose their own poison - in the case of PD, quite
literally.
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 65/ PD for 25)