-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Barbara Patterson
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Goodbye and hello?

Just wanted to express my sorrow in the loss of Pope John Paul II.  We
have lost a great and a good man who also showed the whole world the
ravages of Parkinson's.  I know many don't agree with some of his
opinions (I disagreed with some of them, myself), but I admired him for
his courage and honesty and love for people and for his dedication to
freedom.  Hopefully, the pictures of his suffering with Parkinson's,
will inspire people to help find a way to put an end to Parkinson's .
Saying good bye to him brings much sadness but we were fortunate to have
had him for as long as we did.

On April 16, I hope to have the opportunity to say hello to many of you
at the Unity Walk in New York City.  Both John Cottingham and I will be
there and look forward to seeing you.  Let us know if you plan to be
there and we'll plan to get together.

Barbara Patterson

---