My husband (56) has just been diagnosed with Parkinson.  He has been having
nerve problems for the past several years.  He has not had tremors.  He has
a neurogenic bladder that will not empty on its own, so he is on self-cath.
He had a DX of peripheral neuropathy (autonomic, sensory and motor ) from
two neurologists.  About 6 months ago, his condition began worsening - but
no other diagnosis until our family doctor diagnosed Parkinson last week.
Does anyone know if Parkinson causes peripheral neuropathy?  Nothing I can
find in the literature so far has linked the two.  I am wondering if he is
dealing with two illnesses here.  The medication (Sinemet) which he has been
taking for a week now helps the Parkinsonian symtoms somewhat, but his
balance and gait and nerve problems remain.  Any ideas you can give us or
any direction in which to go will be much appreciated.  We are scheduled to
see another neurologist in a few weeks.

Thanks

Katie and Russ Lacewell