While my nephew's wife was pregnant with her second son, she
experienced difficulties and was confined to bedrest.  She put some
bible quote in an email, something like, 'I know, o lord, that in thy
wisdom thou hast afflicted me...'

And I thought 'What?!'  That makes no sense.  Why would the lord want
to punish you, especially when you, as a believer, want nothing but to
bring another soul into the world for the lord?  With all the
criminals that get off scott free, I'd say the lord has some catching
up to do in the 7-generation-curse department.

Natural selection is enough to explain pain, and bad luck enough for
suffering.  You deserve better.

Let's rejoice that the Pope was able to express his wishes regarding
the manner of his death and to choose the manner of treatment, or
refuse same.  He died with his dignity intact.

Living will is the way to go.

Enjoy!
Rick McGirr
Email: [log in to unmask]