I did read in the news that the Pope  while still conscious decided not
to be sent again to the Hospital (where could there be the need of being
placed in an intensive treatment unit and so stay in a vegetative life
state),but stay in the Vatican's room.
Could not this be considered a choice for a passive euthanasia which the
churches were so much against in the recent case in the USA ?
best
Joao Carvalho