Carol - Be sure your staph is COMPLETELY gone.  I got it last year 3
months after my quad by-pass, and didn't know it was still with me, until
I had the mastectomy.  I almost died with it.  It is a very serious
disease.  I am still taking 800 mg
Bactrin twice daily, to be sure it's gone before I have the knee
replacement next month.  I wish you good luck in your new DBS.  Jo Ann