Carrie Barrott wrote:

>In a message dated 4/7/2005 11:02:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>Faith is  believing something you know is not true.
>

>***
>Actually, I think faith is believing in something for which you cannot  prove
>(or disprove) existence.  The words 'faith' and 'knowing'  are close to
>synonymous for the truly faithful.
>
>I am pretty sure that Einstein 'knew' his theory of relativity was  true.
>
>Thanks for making me think about this at 3 am!  (I can't  sleep!!!)
>

>Carrie

Carrie:  This should be good for your insomnia.

*Albert Einstein*
<http://www.wonderfulatheistsofcfl.org/Quotes.htm#einstein>

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but
have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called
religion than it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the
world so far as our science can reveal it."

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his
creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short,
who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the
individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor
such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

"I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider
ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority
behind it."

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

-Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

Ned