In a message dated 4/7/2005 11:02:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Faith is  believing something you know is not true.

***
Actually, I think faith is believing in something for which you cannot  prove
(or disprove) existence.  The words 'faith' and 'knowing'  are close to
synonymous for the truly faithful.

I am pretty sure that Einstein 'knew' his theory of relativity was  true.

Thanks for making me think about this at 3 am!  (I can't  sleep!!!)

Carrie