Caution - contains religious content.  Please don't read if you are not
interested in the discussion.

Rick wrote:
 And I thought 'What?!'  That makes no sense.  Why would the lord want
> to punish you, especially when you, as a believer, want nothing but to
> bring another soul into the world for the lord?

Rick, the logo of the Christian Faith is an instrument of torture.  That
doesn't mean that we seek torture, that God tortures us and we should be
happy about it, or that torture is a wonderful thing.  It does mean that God
is in the midst of the torture - living it with us.

Christ elevated suffering by his death on the cross.  No longer is suffering
considered a curse.  Life happens - everyone suffers, even the most
innocent. Travail is part of existence whether you believe in God or not.
When we acknowledge that God knows our suffering and we surrender that
suffering to Him, than we remove our belief that we are in control (we are
not).  We are essentially asking God to join our journey and to be present
to us in a real way.

A sacrifice of praise (God, thank for my life, no matter how bad it is) is
the greatest prayer in any religion.
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 65/25)