ight now i am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new standing wheelchair
from The Standing Company. this will replace my old electric wheelchair
the Jazzy 1113 that has been my source of torment and torture for the
past 4 years. i'm not saying that my jazzy is possessed or anything like
that but i named her Christine after a certain car that Stephen King
wrote about! while i would never dream of leaving skid marks on the
hallway walls or ripping the doors and corners off of the plaster,
christine seems to glory in the destruction of my home. also, being a
power wheelchair (with battery packs and a joy stick that requirers too
much cross brain activitity for this old parkie brain), she was
merciless in her desire to smash, crash and trash any of my appendeges
which happened to be in the wrong place at the right time and she
reveled in seeing me bleed or to hear bones crack! so my new wheel
chair, which is being custom built for me, will not have any other power
than my own arm power and this will allow me to wheel around the house,
hopefully without causing as many crash & dent sales in the drywall and
will allow me to raise myself up into a standing position when i need to
stand up (which is becoming excedingly more difficult as days go by). if
this is something that you might be interested in, please go to:
http://www.thestandingcompany.com/
for more information. i am in no way endorsing this machine as i have
yet to live with it but i do have high hopes since i am embarrasingly
awful at driving my jazzy.

--
Joan Blessington Snyder   54/14
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm